Our Tax Group provides estate planning advice and other services, which include careful planning for the management and disposition of assets to meet the client’s objectives while minimizing taxes, family disagreements and lawsuits.
Our tax planners employ a number of techniques and strategies, including:
- Creating limited liability corporations and other entities to achieve such goals as shifting wealth to younger generations and insulation from liability;
- Revocable or living trusts;
- Generation-skipping trusts;
- Gifting programs designed to avoid or minimize gift and estate taxes; and
- Life insurance planning, including irrevocable life insurance trusts.
In addition to being highly skilled in the drafting of instruments such as revocable trusts, wills, durable general powers of attorney and other estate planning documents, our Tax Group attorneys have experience and expertise in all aspects of probate practice, guardianships, preparation of federal and state estate tax returns, and assistance in handling postmortem matters such as income tax issues, disclaimers of estate and non-estate assets, special use valuations of farms and closely-held businesses, and other related matters.