Hilburn & Harper, Ltd., formerly known as Hilburn, Calhoon, Harper, Pruniski & Calhoun, Ltd, was created in 1988 through the merger of a North Little Rock firm and a Little Rock firm. Sam Hilburn, who formed the merging firm, has been practicing law for 50 years. By 1980, Mr. Hilburn’s firm had grown to the fifth largest law firm in Arkansas. The other merging firm, Owens, McHaney & Calhoun, was formed in the 1890’s in Little Rock by three leading members of the Arkansas bar. The Firm is listed in the Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers.
The Firm currently has a multitude of seasoned attorneys. Additionally, the Firm maintains legal assistants and law clerks as part of its staff. The Firm offers a full range of services and specialties, with the greatest concentration in the areas of commercial and general litigation, family law, labor relations and employment, municipal law, insurance defense, real estate, taxation, bankruptcy, corporate transactions, administrative, estate planning, mergers and acquisitions and banking. The Firm’s demonstrated abilities in these various areas of practice have attracted a broad, diversified and impressive client base.
To encourage mutual support and interaction, the Firm is not physically departmentalized; rather, each attorney contributes to the overall effort to provide complete and comprehensive service to its clients.